Dr Alun Williams
Associate Lecturer (E&S)
My research centres on medieval Spanish history, especially from 11th-13th centuries. This has focused principally on chronicle writing and the way in which medieval authors of historical narratives used biblical and classical sources to enrich their presentation of events. I am currently writing a monograph on this subject, in which I discuss six key Hispano-Latin texts from the twelfth and thirteenth centuries.
My other interests include liturgy, exegesis and monasticism, the Crusades and the early Italian Renaissance.
- HIH1410 - Understanding the Medieval and Early-Modern World
- HIH1505 - The First Crusade
- HIH2001 - Doing History: Perspectives on Sources
- HIH2002 - Uses of the Past
- HIH2200A - Islam and the Making of Medieval Europe, c.600-1300