Past research projects
Since its establishment in 1997, The Centre for Medical History has hosted many research projects. Information, reports and findings of these previous projects are archived here for reference.
- Health and Masculinity in Post War Britain
- Rewriting the System of Nature: Linnaeus's Use of Writing Technologie
- Mental Illness and Returning Patient Care in the Early National Health Service
- One Person's Food is Another's Poison: Food Allergy in the Twentieth Century
- Retrieving and Preserving Modern Mental Health Records
- A Case Study of the Influenza Pandemic 1889–1890
- Assessment of Exeter Partnership NHS Trust Records
- Health, Heredity and the Environment 1850–2000
- Medical Archive Project
- Medicine and Surgery through Time: Developing Links with Learners
- Medicine, Health and the Arts in Post-war Britain
- The History of Stress
- Environments, Expertise and Experience
See our Research projects page for a list of all active projects.