Call for submissions 2018/19
Following the highly successful publication of issues 1 and 2 in 2017 and 2018 respectively, submissions are now being sought for the third issue, to be published in the summer of 2019. The focus for this third issue is ‘Networks and Connections’ and we welcome submissions on any aspect and interpretation of this theme. Areas might include, but are not restricted to:
- Writing communities
- Reading communities, libraries, communication
- Travel, exploration, mapping
- Family, genealogy
- Physical and geographical networks
- Networks in fiction/film
- Ethnicity, national and racial networks
- Networks in sub-cultures
- Social, religious and cultural/intercultural networks
- Methodological networks
We would be delighted to consider long articles (5,000-8,000 words), short articles (3,000-5,000 words), short stories (3,000-5,000 words), and poetry (up to 100 lines). We would also be delighted to receive book, film and performance reviews (c. 500 words).
All submissions must be the original, previously unpublished, work of the author and must adhere to the following:
- All word limits must include footnotes and bibliography
- Submissions must have permission for the use of images
- References must use MHRA referencing (http://www.mhra.org.uk/style): submissions which do not conform to this are unlikely to be accepted
- Submissions should be in 12 point Times New Roman and single spaced
- Submissions should use British spelling; alternative forms are permissible in direct quotations
Submissions, along with a 100-word biography, should be sent to email@example.com. Please address any queries to this email address.
The deadline for submissions is 4th January 2019.
We are also keen to hear from anyone interested in acting as peer reviewer for the journal. Please email us at the above address with details regarding your discipline and specialism.