Make a trip of it
We know Cornwall can be a long way to come and visit but when you're coming to such a beautiful part of the country, why not make a small getaway out of it? If you've got the time to spend, then these are some of our suggestions for additions to make it a memorable trip:
- Explore Falmouth town and enjoy shopping in some of the local and unique shops. Have you ever seen a pub with a bookstore inside? Visit Beer Wolf for a unique experience.
- Catch a ferry from Falmouth Harbour over to the exclusive St Mawes. You can then walk up to St Mawes castle (built by Henry VIII) and look back over the River Fal to Falmouth and Pendennis Castle.
- It wouldn't be a trip to Cornwall without a Cornish pasty - we love the pasties at Prima Bakery on the A30 but Pasty Presto within Falmouth is a great alternative for your pasty fix.
- The Minack theatre is Cornwall's very own outside theatre - take in a show at the Minack and enjoy fantastic sunset views out to sea.
- Finish your trip with a fabulous dinner at The Cove restaurant in Maenporth.
- If you're driving, the Eden Project is a great place to stop on your way home - tour the biome and walk through an indoor rainforest.