Research is at the heart of our departmental life. If you decide to join us for postgraduate study, you will become part of a diverse and vibrant group of students from many parts of the world. We combine a strong commitment to research and scholarship with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Graduate students in all of these fields are invited to become part of our academic community — in which both discipline-specific and multi-disciplinary skills are nurtured and tested, and in which academic staff work closely with research students to encourage creativity and enable critical thought. We place strong emphasis on research-inspired teaching, and our department enjoys an excellent reputation for teaching of the highest quality. Our research centres include The Centre for Biblical Studies, The Exeter Centre for Ethics and Practical Theology (EXCEPT), and The Network for Religion in Public Life.
- 1st in the National Student Survey (2015)
- 2nd in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research
- 2nd in The Guardian University Guide 2017, 4th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and 6th in The Complete University Guide 2017
- 12 fully funded doctoral studentships over the last 3 years
- £900,000 external research funding awarded over the past 4 years
Find out more
If you have any questions regarding postgraduate study in the College of Humanities please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)1392 725306