- In the UK's Top 10 for European Languages inThe Sunday Times University Guide 2013
- In top 200 worldwide rankings for subject (QS World University Rankings 2012-3)
- Highly flexible degrees involving one, two or three languages
- Study the cultures of Europe and beyond with academic specialists
- Regular guidance in your choice of degree path tailored to your strengths and interests
- Final degree title represents your choices eg, BA French, BA Spanish with Russian, BA Italian and German
- 4-year degrees with a well-structured year abroad which may be spent teaching English, on a work placement or in university study
- Friendly and vibrant teaching and learning environment
Exeter has one of the strongest and most respected centres of modern languages research, teaching and learning in the UK. It comprises five major language areas: French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
Our BA Modern Languages degrees and Combined Honours degrees offer a high level of choice, so you can focus on a main language, combine two or three languages or study languages alongside another subject.
We understand that your interests are likely to change and grow during your degree, and so our flexible degree structure allows you to tailor your studies to your strengths by taking up another language or specialising in a particular language area. You can also choose whether your degree is weighted more towards studying language or learning about the societies in which these languages are spoken.
Modern Languages brochure
Download the Modern Languages Brochure (pdf) for Undergraduate study.