- Top 10 for History in The Sunday Times University Guide 2013 andThe Complete University Guide 2014
- In top 150 worldwide rankings for subject (QS World University Rankings 2012-3)
- 4th for Teaching in the National Student Survey (2012)1
- Ranked in top 100 for History in the QS World University Rankings 2012
- Wide breadth of academic expertise in diverse historical periods and geographical regions
- Online materials to support flexible learning
- Innovative degrees at our Cornwall Campus
Studying History at the University of Exeter will take you on a journey through the human race in historic times: its activities, ideas, creations, institutions and impact. What you encounter will enhance your understanding of other subject areas and improve your awareness of other cultures, providing skills that will be of use throughout your life.
Our History programmes are high in quality, modern and innovative. They offer you a wide range of choice, introducing a range of countries, periods and themes in ways that are stimulating and intellectually challenging. The content of our undergraduate programmes is influenced by the research of our staff who are amongst the leading figures in their fields.
History is a diverse and interdisciplinary subject and you will have the opportunity to choose from a flexible range of history and related options as part of your degree. These range in time from the collapse of the Roman Empire to the Cold War, in place from Latin America to Asia and Africa, and in content from modern political movements and parties to women’s history and material culture. This will give you considerable scope to shape your degree to suit your interests.
We offer degrees in Exeter at our Streatham Campus and degrees in Cornwall at our campus near Falmouth and you can choose to study History at either location. All our programmes offer you the opportunity to develop the types of skills valued by employers whatever career path you choose.
Download the History brochure (pdf) for Undergraduate study.
1based on teaching section average