Centre for Medical History
The Centre for Medical History is home to a number of funded research projects.
Current projects include:
- Cultural Contexts of Health
- Do Beards Matter? Facial Hair, Health and Hygiene in Britain, c. 1700 - 1918
- Healthcare and Wellbeing: Ancient Paradigms and Modern Debates
- Lifestyle, Health and Disease: Changing Concepts of Balance in Modern Medicine
- Ischia Summer School on the History of the Life Science
- Rethinking Sexology
- Remembering the Mental Hospital
- Santorio Santorio and the Emergence of Quantifying Procedures in Medicine at the end of the Renaissance: Problems, Context, Ideas
- Sex and History
- Sexual Knowledge, Sexual History
- The Medical World of Early Modern England, Wales and Ireland, c1500–1715
- The Sexual Knowledge Unit
See our Past projects page for a list of all previous projects.