Staff from the Centre are currently supervising research students in a wide range of topics.
PhD study opportunities
Staff from the Centre are supervising PhD students in a range of different topics, and are willing to provide supervision in the following areas of research:
- All aspects of British maritime history from the Middle Ages to today.
- Business history and maritime trade.
- Port cities and communities.
- Mariners' welfare and education.
- Naval history from the Middle Ages to the present day, in particular, the connections between naval, political, social, economic and other histories.
- Naval leadership from the late-seventeenth century to the mid-twentieth century.
- British naval administration and logistics.
- Mediterranean maritime history from the middle ages to the eighteenth century.
- African maritime history and African port cities.
Further details about Postgraduate Study at the University of Exeter are available from the Postgraduate study web pages.