I am very interested in all aspects of teaching languages and specifically focus on providing students with an authentic learning experience of quality. I have taught French at university level in France, the United States and the UK, and also have experience of teaching in private language schools for adults.
Over my career, I have had the chance to pilot innovative projects in many fields and work with motivated students and inspiring colleagues. My work has included:
- Designing online quizzes, blogs, wikis to get a daily hand on French & IT, using social media to practice French worry-free,
- Setting up Le petit prince by St Exupery into a theatre play to refine French pronunciation & develop kinesthetic approach,
- Creating cine-club to absorb French cultural input,
- Having co-designed teaching & learning materials for the song and video clip Panam by Oxmo Puccino published on TV5 Monde.org web site (learning French page),
- Working with French literature (La Gloire de mon père by Pagnol and Djinn by Robbe Grillet) at Intermediate level to root French grammatical structures in students ‘minds the passive way,
- Proofreading a thesis on translation of Matei Visniec’s play, Le Théâtre décomposé ou l’homme poubelle,
- Giving a talk on French cinema: From the end of French silent cinema to the beginning of the French New Wave,
- Creating and co-organizing a summer program in France, etc.
Current responsibilities :
· Academic Advisor for Liberal Arts programme.
· Former External Examiner for French at Leeds Metropolitan University.
· Accredited Examiner for DELF/DALF diplomas by ‘le CIEP, Fr’.
· ‘Formatrice Labélisée TV5 Monde’, Fr.
· Coordinator of the French FLC team at Exeter University.
· Administrator of the DELF/DALF examination centre at Exeter University.
· Fellow of the HEA, Uk.
I also keep up to date by attending conferences, training and language shows in France and in the UK, and reading specific literature and magazines related to languages didactics.
- FLF1115 - French Language for Beginners
- FLF1130 - French Beginners
- FLF2215 - French Intermediate One
- FLF2230 - French Intermediate One
- FLF2430 - French Intermediate Fast-Track
- FLF3415 - French Advanced One
- FLF3430 - French Advanced One
- FLF3530 - French Advanced Two
- FLF3630 - French for Business
- FLF3715 - French Advanced Three
- FLF3730 - French Advanced Three
- LIB2000 - Think Tank
- MLF1001 - French Language