- Medicine, Health & the Arts in Post-War Britain (seminar series to be held Feb-July 2012, funded by the Wellcome Trust).
- 29 June 2012 Re-Visiting Sylvia Townsend Warner (1893-1978): A One-Day International Symposium hosted by the Centre for South West Writing, University of Exeter and the Dorset County Museum
- British Association for American Studies Annual Conference, University of Exeter (2013)
- From The Cradle to the Grave: Reciprocity & Exchange in the Making of Medicine and the Modern Arts (2011, funded by the AHRC)
- International conference “Reclamation and Representation: the boundaries of the literary archive.” University of Exeter 2nd – 3rd October 2010, supported by the Centre for South West Writing
- Critical Theory: Violence & the Limits of Representation (2010)
- Critical Theory: The Text & the World (2009, funded by the AHRC)