Dr Rebecca Loukes
RedCape Theatre is a new national and international theatre touring company produced by Turtle Key Arts.
RedCape is committed to telling stories that matter, move and entertain using stunning visuals, physical storytelling and original writing. RedCape was co-founded in 2006 by Claire Coache, Cassie Friend and Rebecca Loukes http://www.redcapetheatre.co.uk/people.html. We invite associate and guest artists to collaborate on a project to project basis.
RedCape’s first piece The Idiot Colony won a Scotsman Fringe First and Total Theatre Award for Best Visual Theatre, 2008.
‘RedCape Theatre's wondrous Idiot Colony is one of the most impressive debuts I have seen.’ Martin Sutherland (Chief Executive, The Royal & Derngate Theatres, Northampton)
RedCape Theatre is company in residence at South Street Arts Centre in Reading.
See Practice as Research page for more information about current projects.
- Ongoing training in ‘Gindler work’ with performer and choreographer Eva Schmale in France, Germany and UK since 1995.
- Two Study Periods with Charlotte Selver in California (1999, 2000), in Sensory Awareness work derived from Elsa Gindler’s practice.
- Kinetic Awareness work with choreographer Elaine Summers, New York, 2005 and 2007.
- Ongoing training in Hatha Yoga, taquiquan (Wu Style) and Indian martial art Kalaripayattu for performers with Phillip Zarrilli since 1999.
- Other workshops and short programmes since 1995 include: Wendy Houston (DV8), Anna Zubrizka and Gregorz Bral (Song of the Goat), David Zinder (Michael Chekhov Technique), Tara Arts, Bella Merlin, Sandra Reeve, Kalamandalam Raman Chakyar (Kuttiyatum), Nigel Stewart, Niamh Dowling (Alexander Technique), Garat Newell (Feldenkrais Method).