Over the nearly fifty years of the study of Drama at Exeter, our alumni have gone on to a huge variety of roles, covering the entire creative industry, and many other industries as well.
Every year, graduates form theatre companies, and we have regular visits from these alumni, to run workshops or talk about the industry.
- Forced Entertainment (http://www.forcedentertainment.com/)
- Foursight Theatre (http://www.foursighttheatre.co.uk/)
- Punchdrunk Theatre Company (https://www.punchdrunk.org.uk/)
- Redcape Theatre Company (http://www.redcapetheatre.co.uk/)
- Theatre Alibi (http://www.theatrealibi.co.uk/)
- Uninvited Guests (http://www.uninvited-guests.net/home)
And more recently:
- Critical Ambition (http://www.criticalambitiontheatre.co.uk/)
- Duelling Productions (http://www.duellingproductions.com/)
- Featherweight Theatre (https://www.facebook.com/featherweighttheatre/)
- Goat & Monkey Theatre Company (http://www.goatandmonkey.co.uk/)
- Paddleboat Theatre Company (https://www.paddleboattheatre.co.uk/)
- Panto In A Day (http://www.pantoinaday.co.uk/)
- The Jest Sketch Comedy (http://thejest.co.uk/)
- Scratchworks (http://www.scratchworkstheatre.co.uk/)
- Worklight Theatre Company (http://www.worklighttheatre.co.uk/)
- The Young Pretenders (http://www.theyoungpretenders.co.uk/)
Scratchworks Theatre Company (Class of 2013): "The BA Drama course at the University of Exeter provided the building blocks for our theatre company. The course helped to prepare us for the realities of managing a creative business, producing high quality theatre and working in a fully collaborative, hands-on environment. The excellent facilities, inspiring teaching and vital support network continues to provide lasting benefit to us as local artists."
As well as running theatre companies, there are Exeter Drama graduates working in the following jobs:
Academic, Account Executive, Actor, Administrator, Advertising Executive, Airline Pilot, App Developer, Army Major, Artist, Artistic Director, Artist-in-Residence, Assistant Stage Manager, Associate Director, Audience Development Officer, Author, Box Office Manager, Brewer, Business Change Manager, Business Development Manager, Cabin Crew, Care Officer, Casting Director, Chief Executive, Children’s TV Presenter, Circus Performer, Civil Servant, Comedian, Community Wellbeing Manager, Company Manager, Composer, Construction Manager, Continuity Announcer, Contemporary Artist, Costumer, Cruise Ship Performer, Dancer, Deputy Stage Manager, Designer, Development Editor, Dialogue Coach, Digital Producer, Director, Editor, Education Director, Emergency Medical Dispatcher, Festival Director, D.J., Doctor, Drama Teacher, Executive Producer, Film-maker, Fire Control Operator, Front-of-House Manager, General Manager, Graduate Recruitment Consultant, Head of Drama, Holiday Camp Performer, Journalist, Lecturer, Magician, Make-Up Artist, Marketing Manager, Mayor, Midwife, Model, Movement Teacher, Musician, Multimedia Artist, Personal Assistant, Personal Trainer, Photographer, Playwright, Police Superintendent, Post-Production Supervisor, Press Officer, Primary School Teacher, Prison Officer, Professor, Producer, Production Co-ordinator, Project Co-ordinator, PR & Communications Assistant, Programme Director, Property Manager, Pub Landlord, Publisher, Puppeteer, Radio Presenter, Reader, Reporter, Researcher, Retail Manager, Sales Assistant, Scenic Designer, Screenwriter, Sessional Worker, Shipping Broker, Singing Teacher, Sound Engineer, Sports Coach, Stage Combat Tutor, Stage Designer, Stage Manager, Stand-Up Comic, Story Producer, Storyteller, Stunt Performer, Talent Agent, Teacher, Technician, Technical Manager, Theatre Producer, Tour Guide, Touring Technician, TV Director, Venue Manager, Vicar, Virtual Reality Consultant, Voice Actor, Vocal Coach, Web Designer, Workshop Leader, Writer, Writers’ Agent, Youth Worker