Exeter Drama Department is an internationally-renowned centre for practice, research and teaching. Our teaching grows out of our wide-ranging research interests and we provide a supportive and high quality environment for learning.
Excellent teaching & research
- 1st in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Top 100 worldwide for Drama (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- 79% of research classified as world-leading or internationally excellent1
- Above UK average graduate level employment and postgraduate study rates for Drama
- Collaborative and practice-based approach including drama in the community
- Opportunities to specialise in areas such as directing, contemporary performance, music theatre, actor training, applied drama, theatre history and technical theatre crafts
1 Research Excellence Framework 2014 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4*and 3*
We are well-known for our exciting combination of practice and research, and regularly perform at the top of disciplinary league tables. Our students are offered a remarkable range of subjects and approaches to theatre and performance, supported by teachers and researchers with an international reputation, and our facilities are state of the art studios and seminar spaces, run by a dedicated technical team.
Professor Stephen Hodge, Head of Drama