Archaeology at Exeter is currently involved in many exciting projects in Britain and around the world. In addition to academic classes for Masters students, there will be many opportunities for both Masters and Research students to become personally involved with the research being conducted in the department. We currently have active fieldwork and research projects in Britain, Europe, South America, North America, Central Asia and South Asia.
The department benefits from well-established links with many professional organisations, including the Royal Albert Memorial Museum in Exeter, English Heritage, national and international museums, UK-based field units, county and national park archaeologists, and several archaeological consultants who run centres presenting archaeology to the public. We have also just begun an interdisciplinary, split-site PhD programme with NIAS in Bangalore.
- 3rd in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research
- Top 10 in all major UK university league tables for the subject
- Excellent facilities including a state-of-the-art bioarchaeology lab and experimental archaeology centre
- £2.8 million external research funding awarded over the past 4 years
- Well-established national and international links with professional archaeologists and heritage organisations
Find out more
If you have any questions regarding postgraduate study in the College of Humanities please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)1392 725306